Shelton "Tony" Freeman
Principal and Founder
Mr. Freeman practices in and manages both the Scottsdale and Flagstaff offices. He has broad experience in many aspects of business, creditor rights and litigation and strives to use his diverse background to develop strategic business solutions, resolve disputes and address complex situations with creative solutions. His practice areas include:
- Real estate with experience in lending, sales, acquisitions, leasing, title issues, homeowner associations, landlord/tenant matters, boundary disputes and related litigation.
- Creditor rights and bankruptcy with experience in representation of creditors and debtors in bankruptcy reorganization and liquidation settings as well as informal workouts and related litigation.
- General corporate matters, including corporate and limited liability company formations, general contracts and transactions and related litigation.
- Probate litigation with experience in probate and estate matters, breach of fiduciary duty and conflict of interest claims, asset analysis and recovery.
When possible, Tony turns his love of the outdoors and passion towards capturing unique glimpses of nature all over the globe in photographic images. After timidly showing his photographs in our law offices, he regularly hosts Art Walks in both Scottsdale and Flagstaff and shows his art across the state. You can see his art featured in the offices or on natureexposedphotography.com.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Commercial
- Real Estate
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, All Districts of California
- Bankruptcy Appellate Panel 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
Education & Professional Organizations
- J.D., with distinction, University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law (1984)
- B.A., cum laude, Arizona State University (1981)
- Law clerk to the Honorable Carl A. Muecke, District Court Judge for the District of Arizona
- Appellate Law clerk to the Honorable Robert G. Mooreman, Chief U.S. Bankruptcy Judge, District of Arizona, 9th Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Maricopa County Bar Association
- Member, Coconino County Bar Association
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, American Bar Association
- Approved Mediator
- Member and major supporter of Flagstaff Cultural Group and contributor to First Friday ArtWalk
- Member of Scottsdale Gallery Association and contributor to “America’s Original ArtWalk”
- Nominee for 2014 Flagstaff Viola award for Business for the Arts